NCCER has an immediate opening for an HR Coordinator supports the HR Director and Chief Financial Officer in coordinating all aspects of hiring processes and the employment experience for staff of the organization. This professional will have critical roles in coordinating a wide range of HR-related activities, including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, orientation, benefits administration, employment law compliance, maintaining personnel documentation, and terminations/retirements. A successful individual in this role will be adept at time-management, multi-tasking and managing competing priorities, have excellent interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail. Most importantly, this individual should have the ability to routinely deal with confidential information in an appropriate and professional manner.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Coordinating all aspects of the organizational recruiting and hiring processes, both pre-employment and during the onboarding phase
- Coordinating all new employee orientation activities during the organization’s 90-day probationary period and beyond, as needed
- Coordinating benefits enrollment and maintenance processes for all staff based on applicable laws and organizational milestones
- Coordinating ongoing HR activities for the organization, to include:
• Maintaining personnel files
• Tracking key dates for benefits eligibility, compliance with applicable employment laws (i.e. FLSA, FMLA) and other policy-driven milestones
• Monitoring attendance and employee use of sick and vacation time
• Maintaining HR-related reports and data
• Coordinating the organization’s Employee Appreciation Program
• Handling third-party employment verification requests
• Coordinating the organization’s Wellness Program
• Coordinating the annual performance review process
- Coordinating key HR and benefits processes for outgoing and/or retiring staff
Only candidates with an Associates degree or higher in Human Resources or a related field or equivalent experience will be considered. Other qualifications include:
• Experience with benefits and/or payroll administration strongly preferred
• Experience with Paylocity or a similar payroll administration software strongly preferred
• Experience with web-based benefits enrollment platforms preferred
• Experience in the non-profit sector preferred
• Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to handle confidential information effectively and professionally
• A self-starter with demonstrated experience handling multiple duties/priorities and deadlines
• Ability to work independently and effectively with all levels of executives, management and staff
• Dependable in attendance and performance
NCCER has an immediate opening for a Technical Writer. The individual assigned to this position will work closely with the Product Development Senior Managers and Operations leadership on project planning, production scheduling and workflow to update and maintain construction craft training curriculum in more than 75 fields. Major areas of responsibility will include:
- Overseeing document preparation activities and prioritizing update tasks in accordance with guidance of Senior Manager of Projects and in conjunction with Lead Project Manager
- Writing and/or reviewing manuscripts, instructor resources, assessments and other training and evaluation projects
- Assisting Project Managers with planning, managing, and coordinating assigned projects, to include:
- Ensuring projects are completed on time, on budget, and in accordance with NCCER specifications and requirement
- Maintaining project components within the update cycle
- Acting as liaison to subject matter expert committees and vendors and facilitating work
- Ensuring communication of project information to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Managing project updates within content, learning, and testing management systems
Qualified candidates will possess significant experience in technical editing and/or writing. Other required qualifications include professionalism, the ability to work independently, the ability to travel, excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple projects at one time, the ability to meet production and editorial deadlines, the ability to work under pressure, adaptability to shifting priorities and new workflows, the ability to apply formal and informal mentoring skills to build team skill sets, and dependability in attendance and performance. The ability to work effectively with all levels of executives, management and staff is essential.
A Bachelor’s degree or higher is strongly preferred; although candidates with significant relevant experience may be considered. Candidates with experience in the construction or maintenance industries are strongly preferred.
Proficiency in word-processing, presentations and spreadsheets (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite) is required. Software skills with miscellaneous Windows-based applications, knowledge of basic database design (i.e. Microsoft Access) and desktop publishing software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud) are preferred.
NCCER has an immediate opening for a Project Manager. This individual guides and controls a number of multi-level construction craft training curricula and evaluation tools within a recurring revision and update process. Interaction with representatives of industry, subject matter experts, and customers is a critical aspect of the job. The ideal candidate is a "people person" with excellent presentation skills and experience, as well as the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a detail-oriented and deadline-driven environment. The person selected should expect to ensure projects are developed according to NCCER specifications; manage schedules, workflows, and budgets; manage project updates within content management, learning management, and testing systems; and to perform substantive copy editing. Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and project management skills are required, as is the ability to travel. A Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred, but candidates with equivalent experience in relevant positions will be considered. Experience within the construction industry is strongly preferred.
Proficiency in word-processing, presentation, and data analysis are necessary for this position. Familiarity with common project management methodologies and tools is strongly preferred. Candidates with some experience working with Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud software are preferred.
NCCER has an immediate opening for a talented editor to play a critical role in the update and creation of construction craft training curricula for more than 75 fields. Key areas of responsibility for this position will include:
- Reviewing and approving all materials produced by the NCCER Product Development department
- Editing content (including manuscripts, presentations, and data) for readability, consistency issues, style, agreement with editorial policy and Instructional System Design (ISD), and reading level
- Working closely with in-house technical writers to ensure quality and accuracy of all external-facing materials
- Collaborating with Managing Editor to solidify editorial processes
- Assisting in managing contractors to ensure speed and accuracy
- Working closely and communicating effectively with production staff, project managers and technical writers
- Tracking product data using Smartsheet or similar web-based tracking system
- Participation in other projects and duties based on aptitude and interest
Qualified candidates will be detail-oriented with strong editorial abilities, including grammar, punctuation and proofreading skills. Excellent communication, reading comprehension and retention, organizational and time-management skills are essential to success in this role. The ability to work both independently and under the direction of a supervisor in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities is also key.
A Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred but not required; candidates with equivalent experience will be considered. Highly computer proficient candidates (specifically with Mac OS) are preferred. Candidates with strong grasp or proofreaders’ marks and knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style are preferred. Fluency in Spanish, Russian and/or French is also a plus.
NCCER has an immediate opening for a talented professional to play a critical role in the update and creation of construction craft training curricula for more than 75 fields. Key areas of responsibility for this position will include:
- Lay out new books and maintain legacy books using Adobe InDesign and Oxygen XML editor
- Use XML to perform layouts of materials, to include troubleshooting XML coding and using various scripts to extract code for production of electronic media
- Perform graphics editing and, if required, recreate line art
- Accurately key in edits to curriculum, including page layout modifications
- Coordinate and manage image permissions
- Maintain and update lists
- Develop and edit curricula-related PowerPoint materials
- Maintain corrections and reprints
- Help with file requests and other tasks as needed
- Monitor and check image rights documentation for NCCER titles
Qualified candidates will be detail-oriented, be adaptable to new software and learning new skills, and have excellent communication and organizational skills. The ability to work under pressure and adapt to shifting priorities and new workflows is essential.
A Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred but not required; experience will be considered. Candidates with at least 2 years of desktop publishing/page layout experience as well as experience in art asset management (including use permissions) are strongly preferred. Fluency in Spanish, Russian and/or French is also a plus.
Testing Project Coordinator
NCCER has an immediate opening for a talented professional to play a critical role in the development and maintenance of exams for construction craft training in more than 75 disciplines. Key areas of responsibility for this position will include:
Provide support to the project manager and project team to maximize productivity
Provide quality control for exam and assessment content
Conduct research related to exam and assessment data
Edit and prepare documents, presentation materials, and meeting logistics
Document and follow up on actions and decisions from meetings
Organize and prepare data for ingestion into various systems
Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met
Help organize, train, and guide the work of independent contractors
Coordinate efforts within the team and with outside stakeholders
Qualified candidates will be detail-oriented, be adaptable to new software and learning new skills, and have excellent communication and organizational skills. The ability to work under pressure and adapt to shifting priorities and new workflows is essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), desktop publishing software (Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud) and knowledge of basic database design (i.e. Microsoft Access) a plus.
A Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred but not required; experience will be considered. Candidates with demonstrated abilities to meet production/editorial deadlines and analyze data to extract trends and metrics are strongly preferred. Experience in (1) technical writing/editing, (2) exam item writing and/or exam administration, or (3) experience in the construction and maintenance industries are a plus.